This is a sneak peek inside our Office Hours course, a weekly question and answer video lesson.
Teachers enrolled in the Musicolor Method Online Training get this included as part of their membership..
In this lesson we discuss
- The difference between a website name and hosting
- What is a DNS and why you need to know this
- The different kinds of hosting plans
- 3 simple and free ways to build your website even if you don’t know how to design or code anything
- A recommendation for a hosting company
- A recommendation for a web design package that you host when you’re ready
Resources Mentioned in the Video
- Wix -a free simple to use website builder
- WordPress.com – another free and simple to use website builder
- SquareSpace – a third simple and elegant website creator
- Siteground – my recommended hosting company if you want to host your own site
- And a bonus resource – this site has lots of free tutorials for newbies to the web.
Author: Andrew Ingkavet
Andrew Ingkavet is an educator, author and entrepreneur.
His belief that learning a musical instrument builds skills vital to success in life has led to a thriving music school in Brooklyn, NY. Internationally, Andrew helps music teachers with the Musicolor Method, an online curriculum/training as well as a 5 star-rated book,The Game of Practice: with 53 Tips to Make Practice Fun. He is also founder of 300 Monks, a music licensing company.