So, it’s summer and you are probably taking a much needed break from your busy teaching schedule. It’s actually the perfect time to upgrade your skills, thinking and mindset. So with that in mind, here’s a handy infographic: How to teach music effectively, simply and with more fun! Or is it mo’ fun?
I actually had a dream that told me to do this. Yep. I awoke with a start and it was like a voice saying, “You should make a visual diagram that shows your teaching methods.”
Okay, voice obeyed.
These 7 core principles are a guided framework for effective teaching. They are:
- The Growth Spiral – We use this as a guiding metaphor to assess our teaching, lesson plans, activities – everything!
- The Importance of Rapport – without it you cannot effect change. We discuss ways on building rapport and some specific examples for a preschool aged student.
- Stepping Stones – A simple effective way to know if you are giving the right lesson at the right time
- Structure – being organized in your teaching, your lesson plans, your scheduling and your business are all linked together. Without structure, you will not be effective. We discuss the many ways to build structure into your teaching practice, your studio and your students.
- Notation – the visual representation of sound is a way to capture the ideas of music. Traditional music notation is wonderful, but requires a long steep learning curve. Our Musicolor Notation™ is a 6 stage process of learning how to read music that builds in the necessary micro-steps that children and even adults can use.
- Story – effective teaching always uses the power of stories. By empowering you to employ story, I have given some simple frameworks and tips to make your stories stick in the minds of your students.
- Life Skills Through Music – modern parents are now realizing the incredible transformative powers of music education and the positive effects on their children’s growth and development. They are seeking teachers who fully understand this and are willing to commit to music lessons as an essential activity.
You can enroll in our online training here. Click on the image to zoom in and download.
Did you liked this post?
Subscribe to get updates
You will be notified everytime I have something valuable for you.